First Choice covers behavioral health services
First Choice by Select Health of South Carolina covers outpatient and rehabilitative behavioral health services (RBHS) provided by medical professionals, licensed independent providers, state agencies, and school districts. If you provide these services, contact your Select Health behavioral health account executives (PDF) to review your contract for possible updates and appropriate credentialing requirements.
Effective July, 1 2017, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility services are being added to the array of covered behavioral health services.
For any other questions regarding contracting and credentialing, call 1-800-741-6605, ext. 54659. In Charleston, dial 1-843-569-4659. For questions concerning authorizations, please call the Select Health Behavioral Health Utilization Department at 1-866-341-8765.
- Behavioral health provider toolkit (PDF)
- Behavioral health quick reference guide (PDF)
- Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services (DAODAS)
Behavioral health services
- Authorization for covered behavioral health services
- Outpatient behavioral health services
- Rehabilitative behavioral health services
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Psychiatric residential treatment facilities
Behavioral health forms
- Autism spectrum disorder treatment request form (PDF)
- Crisis intervention notification request form (PDF)
- Behavioral health discharge note (PDF)
- Behavioral health provider data form (PDF)
- Psychological / neurological testing request form (PDF)
- Psychiatric residential treatment facility authorization request form (PDF)
- Substance abuse discharge note (PDF)