Member Scholarship Program
First Choice by Select Health of South Carolina is dedicated to helping enrich the lives of our members. Our First Choice Member Scholarship program awards two scholarships each year to selected First Choice members who plan to continue their education and who meet certain criteria.
- Be a current First Choice member
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, or a GED, or a college cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Attend an undergraduate college, university, trade school, or vocational school that is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools or a comparable regional accrediting organization
- Be sure the scholarship will not be used to substitute for a grant aid that an institution has committed to the student
Along with the application, applicants must also include:
- An educational transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, clergy member, community leader, work supervisor or someone outside of your family
A one-page essay explaining:
- Why continuing your education is important
- What you want to study and why
- How the scholarship would help you financially
- What you plan to do with your education
The First Choice Member Scholarship Selection Committee will review applications and make the award selection based on the above criteria. All awards are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender or disability.
Applications are due no later than March 15 of each calendar year, for the upcoming school year. Visit the Central Carolina Community Foundation website for more information.