It's easy to join First Choice. You can join through South Carolina Healthy Connections Choices. This will help you pick a health plan and a doctor.
You can enroll once you are eligible for Medicaid. If you are new to Medicaid, you will get an enrollment pack in the mail that you will need to open, read, and fill out.
How to enroll
Four easy ways to enroll:
- Online: Go to the Healthy Connections Choices website
- By Phone: Call 1-877-552-4642 (TTY for hearing impaired: 1-877-552-4670)
- Fax or mail an enrollment form (ask your caseworker for a copy of the form)
- Talk to an enrollment counselor in your community
What you need to enroll
When you enroll, you will need:
- Your full name
- Your Medicaid ID number
- Your date of birth
- Your address and telephone number
- The name of your doctor or clinic (if you chose one)
- The address of your doctor or clinic (if you chose one)
- The name of the health plan you choose
Need help enrolling?
Remember, if you do not join First Choice, your Medicaid benefits will not change.
You can also call our Member Services number at 1-888-276-2020 (TTY: 1-888-765-9586).