Health Empowerment Tour
First Choice by Select Health of South Carolina's Health Empowerment Tour (HET) aims to empower minority women and to encourage them to embrace healthy lifestyles. Get information about this year's HET featured speakers (PDF).
- October 13, 9 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
1530 Harden Street
Columbia, SC 29204
- October 20, 9 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Gymnasium (Slade-Moreland Administration and Academic Building)
1029 Crawford Road
Rock Hill, SC 29730
- October 27, 9 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Whale Branch Early College High School
169 State Highway S 7-549
Seabrook, SC 29940
Health studies consistently reveal minority women are more likely to suffer from chronic diseases and disabilities. What's worse, a significant number of those same women do not have access to needed services for preventive health care and quality of life issues such as parenting, life cycle changes, and combating and dealing with stress.
That's why in the fall of 2002 we adopted the Health Empowerment Tour, where we aim to:
- Recognize and explore the challenges of maintaining a healthy mind, body and spirit
- Identify and promote options for effectively coping with health issues and challenges
- Provide a safe environment for women in the communities we serve
With this program, our primary goal is to improve health education and promote disease prevention for women in vulnerable communities.