Diabetes Care Center
Resources for you
See our updated clinical guidelines for diabetes treatment management.
Reference our Diabetic Specialty Network listing to find providers who can assist with diabetes-related comorbidity in the following areas of specialization:
Drug Therapy Program
Effective patient care requires a collaborative effort from the entire health care team. PerformRx Drug Therapy Management pharmacists work with both retail pharmacists and case managers to engage members and prescribers and to bridge gaps in communication and care. Interventions are intended to elicit a change in a patient's drug therapy, reduce the incidence of adverse drug events and improve adherence to medication regimens. Pharmacist interventions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Recommending the selection of, initiation of or modification of medication therapy Examples: initiation of insulin, angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors or angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARB), statins
- Monitoring and evaluating patient response to therapy including safety and effectiveness
- Communicating essential information to the patient's care providers (prescribers, nurses, pharmacists, care givers) Examples: non-adherence, drug-drug interactions
If you have questions regarding drug therapy for our diabetic members, you can consult with a pharmacist by calling 1-800-486-1991 from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Diabetes self-management education and support for adults with type 2 diabetes (PDF)
- Diabetes self-management education and support: action steps (PDF)
Let Us Know
If you have a hard-to-reach member or a member who is not keeping their appointments, let us know. Our dedicated Rapid Response and Outreach team will help the member schedule appointments with their PCP or specialist, arrange transportation, provide education materials, and more. There are 3 ways to let us know about chronically ill members:
- Call 1-800-573-4100 from 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Fax a member intervention request form (PDF) to 1-800-647-5627.
- Use the NaviNet care gap worksheet (PDF).
Learn more about the Let Us Know program.