Asthma Care Center
Resources for you
Let Us Know Program
If you have a member/patient who is an uncontrolled asthmatic, has trouble adhering to their asthma medication/s regimen, or had several trips to the emergency room for asthma control, please Let Us Know. Any barrier a patient/member may experience in effort to gain control of their asthma symptoms (language barriers, lack of transportation to appointments, etc.) may be reported to us through the Let Us Know program, so that our Case Management department may lend a hand to both your office staff and the member.
Click here for more information about the Let Us Know Program:
Search “Asthma” in our clinical resources to view current professional standards that our Providers use as a guide in the treatment of our members.
Additional Provider Resources
- The American Lung Association offers asthma resources for health professionals, including asthma data and statistics, strategies for addressing asthma, and professional tools.
- The Centers for Disease Control provides links to other government departments, agencies, and U.S. organizations that provide information and resources about asthma.
- The National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute provides easy-to-read guides, like So You Have Asthma, Asthma Action Plans, Asthma Tip Sheets and more to help patients learn about the latest information on asthma management.
You play a central role in promoting the health of our members. You and your office staff can help facilitate the HEDIS process improvement by:
- Providing the appropriate care within the designated timeframes.
- Documenting all care in the patient’s medical record.
- Accurately coding all claims.
- Responding to our requests for medical records within 5 business days.
Click here to access HEDIS® 101 for Providers (PDF)