When scheduling appointments for First Choice members, please remember that network providers should have an appointment system for covered core benefits and/or expanded services that is in accordance with prevailing medical community standards but shall not exceed the following requirements:
- Routine visits scheduled within four to six weeks;
- Urgent, non-emergency visits within forty-eight hours;
- Emergent or emergency visits immediately upon presentation at a service delivery site; and
- Waiting times that do not exceed forty-five minutes for a scheduled appointment of a routine nature.
- Walk-in patients with non-urgent needs should be seen if possible or scheduled for an appointment consistent with written scheduling procedures.
- Walk-in patients with urgent needs should be seen within forty-eight hours.
If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact your Select Health contract management representative.