With First Choice by Select Health of South Carolina, you keep your Medicaid and get these extra benefits and services at no cost to you.
- Free Nurse Advice All Day, Every Day: Nurses are ready to help you when you call our free Nurse Help Line.
- Eyeglasses for Kids: Each child gets a free eye exam and may have 1 pair of replacement eyeglasses each year with no copay if the first pair is lost or damaged.
- A Doctor for You and Your Family: You choose from the First Choice list of primary care providers (PCPs). Your PCP will watch your health and arrange for you to see a specialist or go to the hospital when it is not an emergency.
- Free Health Education: You will get free health education and a quarterly member newsletter.
- Doctors Across the State: There are more than 2,000 PCPs in the First Choice network.
- Medicine for Kids: Children under 19 years old get free medicine.
- Free Well Visits for Children: Children get free well-child visits and unlimited PCP visits.
- First Choice Community Center: Our community center is in Columbia. It is a place for members to learn about First Choice’s programs and services. Members also can connect to community resources and benefits. Please call 1.888.676.9588 for more information.
- Community Outreach: First Choice works with local organizations and doctors to provide you with health information and screenings.
Joining First Choice is Easy!
- Fill out this short form, and someone will be in touch shortly.
- Call First Choice free at 1.888.276.2020 or TTY at 1.888.765.9586.
- Call Healthy Connections Choices at 1.877.552.4642 or TTY at 1.877.552.4670.
- Visit www.SCchoices.com. Talk to a First Choice health benefits educator.