Select Health of South Carolina has member scholarship program to help our members achieve their dreams by continuing their education. This program awards two scholarships each year to selected First Choice members who plan to continue their education and who meet the criteria.
- Applicants must be a current First Choice member and provide
member ID number.
- Applicants must have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or a college cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must include a transcript.
- Applicants must include at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, clergy member, community leader, work supervisor or someone outside of your family who has known you for a number of years.
- Applicant must submit a one-page essay telling us why continuing your education is important to you while directly addressing the following points:
- What you want to study and why.
- How your education will change your life.
- Why you need our help.
- What you plan to do with your education.
- Applicant receiving a scholarship must attend an undergraduate college, university, trade or vocational school that is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools or a comparable regional accrediting organization or a vocational school.
- This scholarship will not be used to substitute for a grant aid that an institution has committed to a student.
The First Choice Member Scholarship Selection Committee will review applications and make the award selection based on the above criteria. All awards will be made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex or disability.
Applications are due by March 15. Find out more and get a copy of the application.